Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In a Fog da-vita baby

Well, seeing as Wholigans gigs are becoming rarer and rarer to the point of non existance, I've decided I'd take Rogers advice with 'Use it or Lose it'
So to keep my voice in shape I've formed a local band called 'FOG' ......it's called that for now anyway.
We basically are getting together for shits n giggles,but you never know how that goes.

I just happened to mention the idea on FB and all of a sudden I get a call from a guy around the corner Rick,and within a few hours we had a guitarist,bass & drums.
The bands age range from 30's/40's through the old fart (that's me) at 52.
So we won't be a threat to Justin Bieber anytime soon :)


What the hell I figured 'why not', it's not like I'm busy.
So far I've been the one picking the songs but that will change soon enough.... I'm sure.

The list doesn't contain any of 'The Who' for obvious reasons, it leans more towards hard  rock/metal of the UK in the 60's/70's & the 80's (just)

The story so far .....


Four Old Geezers  walked into a studio...........

SO.........
heres what we stumbled through last night....*cough*...*Ahem...
  1. 'What is & what should never be'..Led Zep
  2. 'Children of the sea'.....................Black Sabbath w/Dio   (my fave)
  3. 'War Pigs'.................................. .Black Sabbath w/ozzy
  4. 'Stay with me'.............................Rod Stewart/The Faces
  5. 'Shooting Star'.............................Bad Co
  6. 'Voodoo Chile'.............................Hendrix
  7. 'Still of the night'......................... Whitesnake
  8. 'Slide it in'...................................Whitesnake
  9.  'Black Dog,................................Led Zep
  10. 'Rock Steady'..............................Bad Co
  11. a little bit of....Ready for love'........Bad Co
  12. 'Snortin whiskey'..........................Pat Travers
  13. 'Highway Star'..............................Deep Purple
& and a half hast attempt at' Highway to hell'.ac/dc

Children of the sea' & 'rock steady' were the 'highlights' for me.
But we forgot to do 'NIB' by Sabbath and we talked a bit about throwing some 'Sex Pistols' in.

I'd like to see some Trower & Lizzy & UFO & Priest (unleashed in the east)  making the cut next time though.

It wasn't the greatest "rehearsal" but ok for 4 guys just saying 'hello' for the first time.

To be continued................( or not,Who knows;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!!!!

TV show 'The Spot' featuring The Wholigans 2005 (scroll to the right for more or just push play)
Mute The Wholigans 'Playlist.com' player (above) before playing these video's
These video's will play back to back for at least 3 hours
ONCE A WHOLIGAN, ALWAYS A WHOLIGAN
TheWholiganswebsite
WE ARE ALL WHOLIGANS